DBYD Certification Ltd (referred to in this document as we, us or our) recognise that your privacy is important and we are committed to respecting and protecting the integrity of your privacy and your personal information collected by DCL to enable us to provide our services. Our policy applies to all and any personal information which we collect hold or use about you; whether, for example, you are a candidate, prospective candidate or a person within an organisation with whom we deal.
Failure to provide information
Why we collect Personal Information
Types of information collected
We collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking. The kinds of personal information we typically collects and include your name, address, date of birth, gender, phone number, email address, facsimile number and any other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is seeking.
If we did not collect and make use of your personal information, we would be unable to provide you with our services. Further, the personalised nature of our services means that, practically, we are unable to offer them to you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis.
Purpose of collection
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us. Generally, we collect, use and hold your personal information in order to:
- Provide certification services
- Process your enrolment
- Assess your current and future vocational status and educational and training needs
- Maintain our business relationship with you
- Offer our services to you on an on-going basis
- Liaise with third party service providers for the provision of the foregoing services to you and of facilities, such as data processing and storage, to allow DCL to effectively offer you the services
- Provide you with information (including marketing material) about other services that we offer that may be of interest to you
- Provide you with information relevant to your type of business or other areas of expertise or interest
We may also use your information for compliance purposes and in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
• Improve our understanding of customer needs
• Support strategic development
• Ensure we are complying with the regulatory and legal framework in which we operate.
Privacy Collection Policy
DBYD Certification Ltd (we, us or our) may collect, use and disclose personal information about you. We collect personal information directly from you and may also collect personal information passively through our website.
We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing services to you or someone else you know, including certification services, processing enrolments, providing you with marketing material that may be of interest to you, facilitating our internal business purposes and complying with legal and regulatory requirements. If the personal information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the services and products you seek.
Contact details: Post: Privacy Officer, DBYD Certification Ltd, Unit 19, 35 Paringa Road, Murarrie, Qld 4172. Email: email@example.com. Telephone: 1300 340 017.
How do we collect your personal information?
Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you.
Personal information is generally collected during the course of our contact with you and is largely provided by you directly. It may be collected verbally in discussions with our assessors. It may be supplied in writing by you in the form of enrolment applications and details submitted by you electronically, either directly to us.
We may monitor (record) telephone conversations with you for staff training and compliance purposes. We will inform you prior to any telephone conversation which is monitored (recorded) in this way to obtain your prior approval.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties acting on your behalf. On occasion we may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as your employers or educational institutions. Where this occurs we will take all reasonable steps to inform you of that.
There may however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
How do we use and disclose your personal information?
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes
- our affiliated entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations with so that those organisations may provide you with information about services that they offer
We do not and never will sell or provide your details to third party advertisers or any unrelated entity unless we were to sell the business or part of it.
In some circumstances, the law may permit or require us to use or disclose personal information for other purposes (for instance where you would reasonably expect us to and the purpose is related to the purpose of collection).
In addition some personal information may also be collected by use of “Cookies” when you contact DBYD Certification Ltd or its associated entities on-line. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit DBYD Certification Ltd websites (directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users, and subscribers
- Eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- Enabling you to move more easily around our website and applications
- Tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- Building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
- Enabling targeted services and opportunities to be directly marketed to you based on your browsing history.
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com
In all cases you agree that provision by you to us of personal information, including sensitive information, constitutes consent to our collecting, storing, using and disclosing that information for the purposes outlined above and in the ways outlined in this policy.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services. By accepting DCL’s terms of service and the terms of this policy and by providing DCL with information or seeking its services, you consent to direct marketing to you of relevant services or opportunities identified by DCL. If any phone number you have provided to us is registered on the Do Not Call register you consent to DCL or its direct marketing providers calling that number or those numbers. DCL may continue to contact you for an indefinite period unless and until you advise us otherwise.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting our privacy officer whose details are set out below. You may also opt-out and stop the delivery of future promotional material from DCL by following the special instructions in any marketing email you may receive from us. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our database and marketing list.
Once you have told us you no longer wish to receive information about our services, we will not send you any further material. We will keep your basic details in our ‘do not contact’ database so that we do not contact you again.
You can, however, change your mind about receiving information about our services at any time – you just need to let us know by contacting us as outlined above.
Is my personal information secure?
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. DCL takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure.
We employ a number of means to protect your personal information, including:
- External and internal premises security
- Restricted access to personal information
- Maintaining a secure computer network to prevent unauthorised access
- Regular reviewing and testing of our software in order to improve the level of security
- Internal policies in relation to Acquire computer use
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure third parties provide information security of a similar standard
- It is our policy to regularly review and if it is no longer being used, remove personal information from our systems.
Please note that there are inherent features of internet communications – including e-mail – which are not secure and may involve your communications being routed through a number of servers and different countries. DCL cannot control this and does not guarantee the security of such transmission. Be aware that various encryption methods can be employed to secure that information if you are concerned about it but, once again, DCL does not control or particularly recommend any of these and does not warrant their effectiveness.
Ensuring your personal information is up to date
We rely on the personal information we hold about you to efficiently provide our services. Accordingly, it is important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date.
During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to tell us of any changes to your personal information. However, you can contact us at any time to update your personal information or to tell us the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Can I access or correct my personal information?
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you. In most cases, a summary of personal information such as your name and address details, contact telephone numbers and the matters you have engaged us on are available to you by contacting us by any of the means set out at the end of this policy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making a request for access).
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
If, upon receiving access to your personal information, or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
DCL may be required by law to retain your personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us. After the required time has passed, we attend to the secure destruction or deletion of your personal information.
Concerns or requests for access
Mail: CEO, DBYD Certification Ltd, Unit 19, 35 Paringa Road, Murarrie, Qld 4172
Tel: 1300 340 017
Can I complain about a breach of my privacy?
We offer a free internal complaint resolution scheme to all of our customers. Should you have a privacy complaint, please contact us so we can try to fix the problem.
To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Contact the DBYD Certification Ltd Administrator via the contact details outlined above, where your situation will be reviewed and if possible resolved straight away. A quick chat is all that’s required to resolve most issues.
- If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to the CEO within DCL. We will provide you with the name and contact details of the officer who will investigate your complaint, answer your questions and do all they can to assist you.
What if I am not satisfied with the response?
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to DBYD Certification Ltd, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Changes to this Policy
“DCL” in this document means DBYD Certification Ltd ABN: 88 617 374 946
“Personal information” is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
“Sensitive Information” is a subset of personal information and is defined as information or an opinion concerning your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association