LEGAL LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
DBYD Certification Ltd ABN: 88 617 374 946 (DCL) is not a Registered Training Organisation within the meaning of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1996 (Cth), and is not authorised to, and does not, conduct accredited or registered training programs.
The Certified Locator competency assessment program (Program) offered by DCL is designed to assess the level of an asset locator’s theoretical knowledge and practical competency as at the date the assessment is conducted. DCL recognises asset locators who have successfully completed the Program as “Certified Locators”, and makes their name and contact details available on this website. The Program is supported and recognised by various owners of infrastructure assets.
Certificates of Completion issued to Certified Locators by DCL denote only that Certified Locators have, on the date specified in the Certificate of Completion, demonstrated to DCL the level of theoretical and practical knowledge and competency required to be recognised as a Certified Locator by DCL.
The Program is not an accredited, mandated or industry-regulated program. Completion of, or participation in, the Program by a Certified Locator does not bestow or confer on the Certified Locator any formal accreditation or qualification. DCL does not guarantee or warrant the experience, expertise, knowledge or skill of the Certified Locator, nor that the Certified Locator is (or remains) qualified to provide its asset location services, nor that the Certified Locator will be able to correctly or accurately locate underground infrastructure, assets and utilities (including but not limited to infrastructure for electricity, gas, telecommunications, water, network cabling, drainage, sewerage, irrigation and heritage trees) (Assets) on each attempted instance.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, DCL and its employees, agents, contractors and consultants, expressly exclude all liability for any actions, claims, costs, demands, damages, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind whatsoever incurred or suffered by any party arising from or in any way connected or related to:
- a Certified Locator’s use of DCL’s Certified Locator trade mark, or any other device or statement signifying that the Certified Locator is a Certified Locator;
- a Certified Locator’s completion of or participation in the Program;
- reliance on a Certificate of Completion issued by DCL to a Certified Locator, or the Certified Locator’s completion of or participation in the Program;
- the provision of any incorrect or incomplete information provided by the Certified Locator to any third party;
- the failure or inability of the Certified Locator to correctly or accurately locate Assets; or
- any act, omission, negligence, representation or statement of a Certified Locator in the course of advertising, promoting or carrying out or providing its asset locator services.